Friday, July 2, 2010

Anchorage!

I made it, I'm in Anchorage!  The flight was good, I got to the airport early and was able to fly stand-by on an earlier flight.  So I got here 3 hours earlier than expected.

First impressions?  Well, it doesn't really seem much different from a suburb of Seattle.  They have all the same stores:  Costco, Fred Meyer, Wal Mart and I passed 2 Starbucks before I even got out of the terminal at the airport! 

The weather is not bad - gray but no rain.  Probably about 60 degrees.  We had dinner at Applebee's I ate the same meal that I eat at Applebees at home - Asiago Peppercorn Steak - YUMMY!  Then shopping at Freddy's for some groceries.  Exact same layout as the Fred's at home.  The RV park - well, it is your normal RV park - gravel parking lot with RVs right next to each other.  Totally not my favorite, but the plan is to be out sightseeing and not spending time here, so it will do.  There is a band playing here tonight - 50's music, there are quite a few people hanging out to listen.  I can hear them just fine right here from my comfy bed.

The mountains are surrounding the city and are pretty from here, but Colorado is still my favorite - we will see if that changes as we travel around more.

They say it doesn't get dark here in the summer, not sure I will be awake to verify that tonight - but I will soon stay awake to see for myself.

Oh and we passed a huge bp building - I wanted to pay them a visit but Dave wouldn't let me....  I guess I wouldn't want to spend my first night here in jail.  LOL!

Tomorrow?  I think we are going to the Saturday market, the Berry Farm and the Iderod Dinner Show!  I will tell you about it tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Yes please do be nice those BP people are not the same as those in the gulf. Hope Dave catches some great fish. And take lots of pictures !

    ReplyDelete